after a bookstore visit today

by

One once said, stores such as bookstores or music stores are one of the best way to do some kind of 'image branding'. You just have to make sure you are seen standing in front of the right section of book/music.
Then I wonder what impression am I trying to make every time I wander off in a bookstore... 'I'm so multitalented everything just interests me'? Hahahaha... that sounds so arrogant.
But no, I'm serious. Because I'm this kind of person who likes to just wander around at every corner in a bookstore... sometimes even back and forth. But it's not like 'I'm so multitalented everything just interests me', because many books I stare at, I won't even spend a penny to buy them. Especially politics and economics... erghh just not my stuff.
But I like to stare at book covers. I like them staring back at me. I like letting myself be lured into reading anything they're possibly selling inside that sealed plastic.
Some of them are screaming at me with their large titles and provocative words: "I SWEAR THIS IS GREAT. I SWEAR I AM SO GRREAAAATTTTT BUY ME"
Some of them speak so little. Just a word or two on the cover, very minimalistic graphics. They are like the seducer; "What you see is nowhere near all of me. Wanna know what I've got? Come to me baby" Yeah just like that.
Some come with very cool cover designs they simply scream to me: "If you're a hipster you're gonna like me and people will think so cool of you carrying me around!"
Funny right, just that one front page can leave so much an impression.

Famous phrase says, 'don't judge a book by its cover'. But can we? We can't help. How can we not judge it from its cover if the rest we cannot see inside the sealed plastic? We are only left with the covers to stare at.

So I believe. Do judge a book by the cover. And do choose our own covers. We have to choose what impression we would like to leave in the eyes of the curious. We choose how we would like to be judged.


The choice is ours to present the selling point of ourselves.. in representation of the parts of us we left sealed in the plastic covers.