let's call it a day

by

At which point of life would you like to say it? At which point of life would you be glad, and can genuinely be relieved in exhaling that last stressful breath, relax all the tense muscles, and actually say: let's call it a day?
It could well be today.. it could as well take forever to finally say it.
I for once was so shallow to think that I actually can say that yesterday. And I was so convinced with the idea of being able to say that!
Well, could I?
No, I couldn't.
I still wake up late every morning feeling clueless of what to do and where to go. It's not something that makes me happy, though it's clearly not as stressful as being haunted 24/7 by a certain deadline date.
But it's not as satisfying and as relieving as I once thought it would be.
I can't be relieved and call it a day when I don't even know where I am standing on and which path I am aiming to follow.
I watch people with their own determination, walking down a certain path - be it a family life, a spiritual relationship, a solid career, a pursue of self-virtue, or just living another day doing nothing and just be that 'dumb but happy' man.
Maybe they can be so sure at which point of life they will be able to say: let's call it a day.
It's because they already picture that state of life they would like to reach; that certain goal they would like to achieve. And it's not a mere obligation, not a mere formality.
And my many hasty, wishy-washy dreams won't do.