Recollections of 8/8 and 9/8

by

4/
I wonder if this very corner
was reserved for people who
did not smear blood on their lips.

I thought baring was not a sin;

5/
I have to remember how my name sounds
in unfamiliar mumbles.

Perhaps I'd have caught it spoken
any other time (if any);

6/
There is something fascinating about
wall-facing seating,
no faces and sceneries, colours
intrusive.

I heard the colour orange is best-suited
for dining;

7/
Detours are tolerable when walking
is the last thing you do while you're walking.

I'd never trust maps though, nor will I ever trust
things that turn miles into mere inches;

8/
People make acquaintances
and I don't,
this time not for the usual reason, though;

9/
The better way
to make people leave, instead of burning flames,
they say,
is to leave them cold,

I thought cold would be something I'd withstand,
but they were shutting the wi-fi instead;

10/
This is the way of telling a long story:
split
into
chapters

*End of chapter 10*;

11/
A zoophilic, a pyromaniac, a masochist, a necrophiliac
and a sadist walk into a bar--
conversation and witty punchline ensue,

I wonder if a group of people telling stories and jokes on
disturbing and weird fetishism are
fetishes themselves;

12/
Serenades and midnight-sharp surprises
were not something to swoon over,

Yet another reason to never be a heartthrob;

1/
I had peed three times
in the last hour alone,

I had had so many things going over my head;

2/
With a voice like yours,
don't ever say, "thank you,
hope we'll see you again."

With a voice like mine, I reckon
it'd be okay, though.